Monday, September 29, 2008

So long Westside...

When I was 17, I knew I needed my days in the Valley to be numbered. So against my parents' advice (and any hopes of having money in my savings account), I decided that I would move to on campus housing at LMU. And needless to say after 4 years of living on the bluff with the Marina as my backdrop, I was hooked on the Westside (and, by 4 years, I mean 4 minutes).
So after I graduated, I would love to say that I moved into a beautiful ocean view apartment on the Westside...but again, it was LMU, and I opted for on campus housing so with my PA job and 4 years of loans, there was no way I could afford anything more luxurious than a box behind the Vons, so I moved back in with my parents for a couple years...back in the valley, then as soon as I could get on my feet, I packed up and headed back over the hill. And that's where I've been for the past 5 years, almost 3 of which have been spent living with my awesome roommate and friend in an awesome place. And the craziest thing is that's the longest I've ever lived in one place.
But now, the bittersweet time has come once again to say adieu to the beautiful Westside, and hello again to the Valley. Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against the Valley. I grew up in the Valley, my first house was on Hollywood Way, my high school was in Burbank, my parents and relatives all live in the Valley. So while I have nothing against the Valley, I just like the Westside more. The Westside has the beach. The Valley has parking. The Westside has the breeze. The Valley has parking. The Westside had my heart. The Valley has parking...fine...the Valley has my heart. Well one specific person in the Valley has my heart and so there it is...
Valley here I come!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL! Welcome back. And the valley has more than parking you know. It's got grid-like streets so you never get lost...the 101 instead of the 405...great sushi...and me!

LoveNLive in LA said...

sniff sniff...being a westside pal you will be missed....